Damasq Modal Wrap
In collaboration with @ModernEid
Our 100% modal Damasq wrap print features a modern interpretation of this exquisite Syrian Inlay (Sadef) artwork. By purchasing products from the Damasq Collection, you help support an initiative to raise funds and donate to Access California dedicated to helping refugees re-settle and rebuild their lives.
Mosaic is an ancient art with roots going back thousands of years. In 1860's Damascus, a craftsman named George Bitar perfected the art of Inlay by grafting local wood with mother-of-pearl, silver & ivory. While other Levant countries produce similar handicrafts, Syrian mosaic became considered the best in the world for its high standards of quality, precision and beauty.
By creating this new art form during a period of civil war in Syria’s history, George Bitar brought light in times of darkness and fear.
Dimensions: 30"x 76"
Dry clean only
You can choose between a refund or a credit note on full priced items.
- Item(s) must be returned in their original condition and packaging: unworn, unwashed and with all tags attached.
- Exchanges/Returns are permitted within fourteen days of your purchase based on delivery date.
- All sales and promotions are final, we do not make any adjustments on pricing.
- Return shipping methods and associated costs are the responsibility of the customer.
- Sale items can not be refunded for change of mind.
All orders placed are shipped within 24hr business working day. Orders placed after Friday 5pm PST will be processed next business day.
All VELA orders are hand-picked and packed with love from our wonderful shipping facility crew in Texas.
VELA ships worldwide. All additional taxes, customs, and import duties are the responsibility of the customer. We do however do our best to minimize your costs upon arrival to your country.